I've been doing pretty good latly. I think that I 'm doing better with my therapy and I've grown to love the therapist he great. we have a hard time once in a while but we get back on track. I asking about ocd. He said he thinks I has a small case of that because my checking on the children and the doors most of the night. I only go to sleep in the day time he says that has something to do with my ptsd and I begaining to think so. but this checking thing is something else. I just always think that the door isn't locked and I know it is because I lock it. I'm afraid the children will stop breathing so I check them all night. I'm on abilify 7mg to help with the sleep but it's not really helping I still take sleeping pills just to get some sleep. 200mg of zoloft. Valium every now and then when it's needed. I want o have a historectomy so I want have to deal with the female problems that I have I want everything gone.

Sometimes I want to cut them out myself but really :-). I just wish that it wasn't so hard here in america for insurance companies to allow you the help that you need when you pay for it every week out of your check. I have F breast and I want them gone but my insurance say not they rather me take a lot of pills for back pain than just to reduce my breast size. Sometime you just don't want to be here on earth because of all the things I go through but then I think that it's people worst off than I am so that brings you back down to earth. I
'll write later but will somebody help me with the 3 things I mention in the post. OCD, Breast reduction, and Historectomy. :-)

I can relate to your OCD. I have it myself. Regular physical exercise helps me keep it under control. Your obsessions with hysterectomy and breast reduction are alternate manifestations of OCD. They could have been brought on by PTSD like your therapist had said. Going on psychotrophic medications for long periods of time can be bad for your health. I would suggest that you exercise more. If you are not the type who likes to exercise, do it with an exercise buddy to keep yourself motivated. If you are a single mother living alone with your children, you may want to consider dating again. Having a significant other will go a long way in helping you control your OCD.

I agree with the poster above. My brother had a severe case of OCD and the drugs he was on long-term eventually gave him some debilitating health problems. Though certain ones can help, they have found that people with OCD generally do better with specialized therapy.

Exercising more will definitely help. It helps a great deal with any stress disorder. It helped my brother a great deal and it also helps me a lot. I have PTSD myself (but I don't have OCD).

I suggest you see an OCD specialist. These therapists formulate therapies that force people with OCD to deal with their compulsions and to live with them. It's rough emotionally, but it's very useful and people have reported a large reduction in their compulsions and in some instances, they completely disappear.

I myself get something called "body talk" to help with my PTSD. It's given me chronic acid reflux and anxiety and the body talk has really helped. What these specialists do is, they bring out emotions that cause disease in the body. You're forced to deal with the emotions, unfortunately. However, when you experience the emotions and deal with them, the body heals itself. I was told by a psychiatrist that my PTSD actually caused a change in my brain chemistry and it was likely I would have the anxiety for the rest of my life. However, after these sessions, I'm experiencing a gradual decrease in my acid reflux and anxiety. The sessions do have a tendency to exacerbate symptoms for up to two weeks afterwards, but it's worth it, believe me. I do feel that I'm getting better. If this is something that you'd like to try (I'm confident it'll help both your disorders), look up "Inner Connections" online. Click on their website and look for a specialist near you.