When you don't feel like yourself? Right now I'm looking at a picture right now with me and my boyfriend and I can't seem to connect myself with my surroundings or people.. especially my loved ones.. It's frustrating because I'm emotionally disconnected with important events in my life like my graduation and senior ball when one is supposed to be happy. I was looking forward to those events before this weird thing hit me wherein I had the hardest time feeling any emotion.. All I felt was empty. I couldn't feel happiness or fulfillment from people or events.. I can't feel love or excitement which scares me A LOT. Because I'm usually an emotionally aware person..These milestones like grmeaduating and such excited, I didn't feel anxious for it at all! There was no worry involved and it didn't stress me out.. But now I don't feel anything for these events which make me so frustrated. I should be feeling something for these people and things but I'm just so out of it!

I considered depression, yes. But after trying the emotional freedom techniques, I could finally feel negative emotions (only) and be less fatigued and I eat and function regularly except for the fact that I can't seem to connect to my surroundings, my memories, my dreams and ambitions and my loved ones emotionally.. What could be the problem? It's like there's an invisible wall between me and the people I love... It's just like in my head I can feel these emotions but I'm not experiencing them. I just know that I'm happy/sad/excited and whatnot but I can't actually feel and experience it. I KNOW it but I can't experience or feel it.. Ugh, what is this? 

What should I do? It's very frustrating because it's causing me to think that I don't care about these people or I don't care about my ambitions and dreams anymore especially with my boyfriend and our future even if I know very much that I love him and I'd be lying if I said I didn't. It's like it erased my positive emotions for anything and it's making me think I don't like the things or people I like because of this emptiness I feel when I'm around them... 

My birthday is coming up and I just want my mind to be at ease. I might not even feel positive emotions and still feel disconnected with my friends and family on my 18th birthday which makes me so sad because they've worked so hard on my birthday party just to make me feel happy but I'm such an emotional disconnected person right now!

What can I do to connect to my feelings again? Especially for my loved ones.. My therapist says this is a phase and it will pass, I just have to stop saying 'I can't feel anything' and just go with the flow and eventually the feelings will come back. How do I do this without feeling scared and anxious that I will stay this way forever and not love the things I love anymore...? Please help me?

I really hope this is temporary and not something suuuper serious.. :( I just want to know how to get rid of it. Will my therapist's advice help? I really don't want to change anything in my life because it was fine the way it is before this 'phase' came around... I still want to feel the same way about the things and people I love. Will this ever go away? 

Can I ever be myself again?

See the problem here is...you keep telling yourself that you're emotionally blocked from everything. I'm not saying that you're faking it, I can see that its a problem and its upsetting you, but if you're constantly thinking about it and drilling it into your head...you're creating a psychological block thats preventing you from truly understanding whats going on. 

Your therapist is wrong by saying its a phase. Its something that you must understand and control, otherwise later in life you won't be able to handle the same problem if it comes around again.

As to exactly what the problem is... that's a tough question. It could be a huge number of things. I can't really answer that question because I don't personally know you, but I can try to help out.

A lot of the time, its got to do with your environment. Certain things around you that are affecting your moods, observe your surroundings. Sometimes you get into this "slumb" where nothing seems to be changing and you get tire of your daily life because of the lack of excitement...do you ever feel this way? 

Diet is another thing...lots of carbs (potato, rice, pastry) can make you feel sluggish and tired, diet REALLY does affect your mood more that you realize. Consider that.

Its all about self analyses. Its about thinking observing your moods and what triggers them. It will really help!

I really do feel for you because I know what you're going through. I've been there. Hopefully these guide lines will help out a bit...

Bryan 

Sometimes Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can have such an impact on a person. People who experience it feel disconnected from their loved ones, can't feel love, and don't see a future for themselves.

Have you experience an event during which your felt terrified or helpeless, and during which your or your loved one's physical integrity was threatened? If so, you might have PTSD.

You best bet is to talk to your a psychologist (or at least your Dr) about it. PTSD can be fairly easily treated through Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy (service offered by Psychologists).

Good luck!

Wow. I am going through the same exact thing right now. Not even kidding. The way I'm feeling to a T! And idk what to do. My doctor prescribed me antidepressant medicine. And I refuse to think that I need to be on medication. I'm hoping these feels go away on their own. I just don't know what to do.

I'm feeling exactly the same way. Out of nowhere one day I started to feel anxious and a weird mood came over me. It was a huge sadness that was caused by nothing. I started thinking about my relationship and I couldn't think of the love I have for that person or how happy I am with them. This scared me and ever since I feel like I can't feel the same feelings for my boyfriend when I'm with him because I'm disconnected from everything. I know for a fact I love him too and I couldn't have fallen out of love with him in a matter of minutes with no reason to at all. But now all I can think about is how disconnected I am from him and everything else. When I'm in school I feel like I'm not there and can't concentrate on anything. When I'm walking down the hall I feel like I'm floating like I'm not actually there. I have no desire to go out and exercise like I user to because I just get upset and anxious out of nowhere because I'll be thinking about how I'm scared my feelings for my boyfriend are changing even though I know they're not. It's just me being disconnected and thinking the wrong thing of it.

The simplest answer is; you have to consult with psychologist.. He will diagnose your problem and give you a better solution for you. For more help you can visit at; 

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use