I believe I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I'm thirteen years old. I have a problem with doing things over and over again until I feel like its perfect. For example, sometimes I count to a certain number until I can pass through a door and sometimes I have certain thoughts stuck in my head and I can't get rid of them. I used to have thoughts of killing myself and I didn't even want to; I couldn't get rid of the thought. I'm very afraid of hurting or killing myself or other on accident and I'm afraid of doing it on purpose and I dont even want to. I always doubble check on things that I know are the way they need to be. This has been going since I was around 7 years old and I'm so confused because im not sure if children can develop OCD. Does anyone know if I have OCD? Thank you to anyone who gives me a reply.

Hey there it sounds like you could have OCD. It usually starts in childhood have you talked to your parents about it?

Yes I have talked to my father about it and he doesn't believe me and my mother doesn't either. I wish they would just understand and actually try to see my symptoms of OCD.

Hey again, I know it can be frustrating when parents ignore or don't believe things. Especially ocd symptomes. Especially since they are mostly in your head so ur parents arnt going to notice them like they would if you had physical obsessions. Have you tried talking to a teacher or other adult that you trust? Maby they can help