Hello. My mother is 60 years old and she has problems with cataract. I have finally managed to persuade her to remove it by surgery. Now, I would like to know what the cost of cataract removal in the US is. I have no experience with this and I would like to hear opinion from experts. Thank you very much in advance for your prompt answer.

Cataract removal operation costs in US vary from 2400 USD to 4930 USD. This is quite expensive for simple operation like this, I know. But benefits of removing cataract greatly outweigh costs. Of course, there is another popular solution these days. You can go to India for this operation. Costs there are much lower (from 290 USD ) and they have very good surgeons and clinics.

Hi there,
Where do you live in US? Usually cataract surgery will cost around $3000 but the price can vary for few reasons, like what technique is used and is there any other complication with the eye that needs to be taken care of. Does your mother have any kind of insurance? I think that Medicare covers this procedure to the full. However you will have to check this up with them.
How long has your mother had this problem? Why didn’t she went sooner to fix this? If she was afraid of the procedure you have to tell her that the procedure is not that complicated and that there is nothing for her to be worried.