Hi! I’ve just heard that I need to go to cataract operation next week. I was expecting it but I didn’t know that it will be so soon. In this moment I don’t have too much money and I’m wondering would Medicare cover cataract removal. Does anybody can tell me, please? Thanks!

Hello! Don’t worry! I had a cataract surgery last year and Medicare covered the full cost of it. That is sure because my friend also had a cataract operation last month and she didn’t pay anything. As I know, you should pain for eyeglasses and contact lenses. I wish you good luck!

Well cataract surgery is not that uncommon now days but I am not sure if Medicare will pay for the surgery. I think Medicare pays for some eye procedures but I don’t know if cataract surgery is one of them. I think that my friend had this procedure two years ago and that he wasn’t certain also if Medicare will pay for the procedure. If I remember this correctly he had no complications after the surgery and I mean this both medical and bill complications. So Medicare must have covered this procedure as well. You will have to check this out with the hospital as well just to be sure if everything is in order.

Good luck to you.