I have to do periodontal treatment, but I was embarrassed to ask about the price yesterday. Well, she started with the story “health doesn’t have a price…” and I am totally broke at the moment. I have to borrow some cash and I don’t know how much. Please, tell me how much will periodontal treatment cost?

I don’t know. Do you have dental insurance plan? I think that this can cover part of the treatment costs. I’ve been told that the cost of periodontal treatment will vary depending upon your needs. However, it is better to do it now then to wait for disease to advance. Then the cost of periodontal treatment will be even more. Don’t worry it is good investment.

I was quoted a minimum price of $1000.00 from a major California university whose services include periodontal treatment. Keep in mind, there are "student" interns who will perform this procedure, so in addition to being intimidated by the surgery, I must rely on the expertise of the students.
This isn't a bad thing, I guess, but I am also scared.

I am also strapped for cash and apparently, time is a factor in the treatment and diagnosis. I sometimes have inflamed gums but because I wasn't experiencing any symptoms such as the bleeding gums, etc., I thought everything was alright. I learned the hard way a general dentist could not perform the operation AND my insurance wanted no part of it. I also require bone grafting but I am unable to obtain a quote for this part of the procedure.

my dentist & hygienist charge 300.00 per quadrant to scrape plaque, push back the gums, and apply antibiotics in some pockets. This is AFTER the initial evaluation and x-rays when the probing is done and marked with numbers of severity. It's reasonable, consider most dental ins. or plans max out at 1,000. or 500.00 per year for one person, with about 500.00 in premiums (maybe higher)...so if you have no other work to be done, that's 500. they will pay. There is also something like carecredit.com, which does not charge interest. Interesting this practice is excellent, they charge a lot, but only accept one Dental ins. plan, which excludes individual applicants.