Hi! My mother had a cataract surgery two weeks ago. After surgery everything was ok but few days ago she noticed her vision became blurry. Also now that operated eye is red. I’m worried. I think she needs to go to doctor. Can somebody tell me is red eye and blurry vision common after cataract surgery?

Yes, unfortunately, it can happen. I heard from my doctor that sometimes people who had cataract surgery can have certain complication after it. As I know, red eye is most common after cataract operation. Also blurry vision can be consequence of it. She had to go to her eye doctor.

How old is your mother and did she follow the recovery instructions precisely? Did she apply the eye drops that prevent infections and help with healing? Her vision should be fine by now, because it takes few days to get your vision back to normal. Did she have any exposure to the sun? It is critical that you don’t go outside without sunglasses or a hat because strong sun light may cause you problems. It is advised not to touch or rub your eye for the first few days. If this doesn’t go away in day or two I would advise her to go back to her surgeon and see what is going on. Infections can damage her eye permanently.