I heard that Asics training shoes are very good and I want to buy them. Last few months I’ve started running to reduce my weight a bit, since I had medical problems because of being overweight. As I’m not really familiar with models of running shoes, tell me what the most important thing is when choosing a pair. How much do I have to pay for them?

I know that 2000 series is the most popular shoes among avid runners. The new 2130 is the same. I know because I have a pair of them. Its design gives you the perfect blend of cushioning, support and comfort. The price is around 95$, but it is provided by merchants, so you can find cheaper surely. I can also recommend you other types of Asics shoes which are very good and comfortable for running. Gel Kinsel shoes with cushioned platform, models Gel Kayano, Gel Empire, Gel 1120. Then you have trail shoes designed for runners who prefer to take their run off the beaten track - models Gel Trabuco, Gel Kahana, Yama XC, Free Spirit, and Cypress.

I'm running in the ASICS Gel 3000. Similar to 2130 but more protection