looking for some advice on a good running shoe for a under pronater @ 250lb weight lifter who needs to start running... I used to wear Saucony grid jazz i and recently purchased Mizuno wave creation 6 not to impressed any advice would be appreciated...
Also need some advice on getting started running again as I said I am a competitive Powerlifter 34yrs / 5'10"/250lbs... I seem to get out of breath really easy, but only when I run I can do the eliptical mach all day...

Can some one give me some advice???

My recommendation is go to a running store. I am about as cheap as you'll ever see, but that is one place I didn't skimp.

I was overweight (not that you are) when I started running so the type of shoe really made a difference on the impact to my knees. I am just glad I spent the money on good shoes.

Go to a Fleet Feet or specialized running store. (Not a dept store). At this store they will give you several to try on and will watch you run. Make sure the toe box is good and roomy because your feet will need the space.

That is my best recommendation! Welcome aboard--and your advice will surely be welcome in the Water Weights and Wheels section.

And be sure to join the Riff Raff. We're a fun bunch.

Also, do a google search for Couch to 5k. The program works. I had NO physical conditioning whatsoever and in the time allotted in the program I was able to run a 5k. Which was a huge thing for me.

The C25K takes you through training slowly--and if you follow it, you will end up enjoying running more than you thought possible.

I'm an underpronator too and not a featherweight runner either. Not as big as you, but I squash the tar outta my shoes. A few models to look at; Nike Pegasus, Asics Nimbus, Adidas Supernova Cushion, Mizuno Wave Rider, New Balance 890.

I am surprised no has experienced AVIA shoes on your list. I think with your weight and size you need something more rubust. Most shoes just have foam or air bags to help with cushioning. Most of the time foam gets smashed very quickly as you have experienced. AVIA running shoes have cantilever plates. Makes sense since most engineers use it everywhere else to provide support and rebound energy. Check this running shoes or this running shoes link to see the two models that address your underpronation. I currently use and love the AVIA Euphoric. For the money I think you will be very satisfied.