I'm generally a road runner but have started to do a little more trail running lately. I'm looking for some type of cross-over shoe--either a water proof trail running shoe with enough cushioning for occassionally road use (up to 5 mi) or a waterproof road running shoe for occasional trail use.

Love my current running shoes and am not about to give up on 'em, especially for longer stuff, but it would be nice to have to bring only one pair of shoes on weekend trips.

Any recommendations? Doesn't seem to be much out there on the internet...
Thanks,
h

The Nike Air Storm Pegasus is one of the few 'water-proof' models I've come across. Most shops online or off that carry Nike carry them. Been meaning to try them myself one of these winters :)

I think the safest best would be to do a search for the type of shoe you are looking for. Even better yet, I would recommend going to your local running shoe store and testing out the shoes to make sure they are comfortable because trail running will take its toll on your feet.

Trail Running Blog

Trail shoes are mostly quite similar in construction, and road shoes. However, is added to the maintenance and sustainable uppersoles. Some shoes as well as shoes by working part-time driveway.

hi,
use trail running shoes on concrete, and the softer, ... smarter to keep the regular road shoes for now and save up for the trail shoes.

_________________________________________________________

*** no advertising links ***

the trail shoes are mostly quite similar in construction, and road shoes.