What was your worst running shoe ever? What are the most uncomfortable shoes youve ever worn? I had plenty of them. I remember these old models without air cushioning or gel systems. My feet were killing me even after a mile of running. I wont even mention blisters. I think it was better to run barefoot than to wear these. What are your experiences?

Um, I cant really remember the exact model and the name but I remember that once a few years ago I bought a beautiful pair of Adidas running shoes. They were totally gorgeous, but besides not being too comfortable, they tore after a short period of time and I was very disappointed. I think their name was Galaxy or something. I also remember about those old running shoes without cushions or shock absorbers. Sometimes my toenails were almost bleeding and I constantly had sore feet.When Nike introduced their Air system, I was exhilarated. No painful feet and legs. No blisters. Pure heaven! Thats why its so hard for me to criticize these new models with all those improvements and gadgets.

I have a pair of Adidas Trail running shoes that ripped up rather quick as well. The last pair of Adidas shoes I will ever buy.

I recently went to a well known running store in NYC to buy new running shoes. They put me a treadmill, pointed a camera at my feet and proceeded to completely convince me that the only shoes that would help my over pronating were the Saucony Hurricanes. Now, I should have known better than to rely on some shoe to fix my issues, especially since I've been running for about 10 years, but for some reason, I fell for it.

I bought the Hurricanes. OH MY FRICKEN GOODNESS, they are awful! They are so heavy. I feel like I'm running with weights on my ankles. They are stiff. I have no motion in my arch (which I guess is the point of the shoe) For the first time EVER, I am experiencing shin splints. My heels are constantly sore (the shoe's stiffness forces me to pound on my heels way too much.) My knees have also not been happy. And on top of all that, they cost me $140!

Sometimes I use them to train, but for the most part I just lace up my old Aasics these days and hope for the best.

So be warned. If you know how you run, dont let anyone else convince you otherwise. No matter what the super duper computer says about your gate. Buy the shoe that you know works best for you.

Sheila