I'm a mild to moderate overpronator and was wondering if I use an orthotic insert to control my overpronation would it be ok for me to use a neutrally cushioned running shoe?

Hi Chacho24,

I have the same problem and asked the same question... the answer I got was that neutral shoes are actually best for orthotics. I'm wearing Stability inserts inside neutral cushioning shoes and they work pretty well (other than the fact that my orthotics are too small).

I would definitely try the ASIC Kayano or the GT series. I am a overpronator who uses running insoles and sometimes orthotics. On top of that I have wide feet. I have basically tried all the running shoes on the market but the ones that fit best are the Asics. I found that the anti pronation on these shoes with the extra support of the orthotics are just perfect.

Overpronation can lead to injuries or other issues. Overpronation happens when feet roll inward too much and cause the rest of the body to compensate. Most of runners who overpronate usually have a flat or weak arch that allows this motion to occur. To combat the issue of overpronation, Nike offers motion control footwear that provides excellent cushioning and stability. Shoes in the Stability category on Nike site, such as the Nike LunarGlide, can help with overpronation.