Has got to be buying new shoes! I am just a geek when it comes to shoe shopping, mostly because I haven't found a model I love enough to wear forever yet. I tried on literally every shoe in the store last night (good thing my resident sports store employee Jason is so nice and patient). As luck would have it, today was a Pilates day, so the Reebok DMX RB Flyers will remain brand spankin' new until tomorrow.
Shoe shopping is always educational too. I found out last night that I'm a mild pronator (who knew?) and that may account for my crappy injuries last year. I've always run in cushioning shoes, but this new pair is built with stability in mind. They have a great return policy, so a few runs will tell, I'm sure.

For me the act of running is the best thing about the sport. Just running along pushing yourself to your limits. Shoe shopping is just a half step better than going to the dentist for me. I wish I could find a shoe that I really like and just keep it forever.

Oh sure, get all intense and athletic on me when I'm having an estrogen moment.....

I hate buying new shoes also. I don't like having to research the various models in my price range to be sure I'm buying something that is right for me. The very best part of running for me is the anticipation and butterflies I get before a race that I know I can PR in because I've trained for it and I'm ready. Of course all that excitement gives away to the sheer pain of achieving said PR.....

My favorite part of running is running until you've got nothing left. Then you can just sit around doing nothing and still be content.

I'm a shoe ho. I currently have 3 new pairs of running shoes. Two pairs of Saucony Hurricanes (one ver. 5, one ver. 6) and the Asics Kayano X. I love new shoes, but need to just stick with the Hurricane's, as they work the best for me. (beloved new Kayano's hurt my knee but they are the most comfortable shoe ever)

But what if I buy used shoes...hmmm.

:nono:
Cadaver shoes go SQUISH.

Amen, brutha, I hate the agony of feeling like they all 'feel good' or whatever in the store, only to take them out for the first time and rip my feet up or mess with my knee or whatever. I've had models that worked okay for me, then they go and change them the next year. I despise finding new shoes. I'm currently in 4 pairs, the Asics 2090 makes me happiest. I need to try the Saucony Hurricane 6. I grew to not like my 5 very well but it did get me through a marathon so I guess I could give it that....

Shoe shopping is always a pain for me too, nothing ever really seems to work well. But, being female, I still go willingly and deal with the trauma ;) I think the joy of running is running for the sake of running and not worrying about the damn watch and splits and all that other poo. Racing, for me, sucks all the joy out of running, it really does.

Now running CLOTHES shopping, that I like!

The Finish!

I like the feeling I get after finishing up with my run.