What do you usually carry on the plane with you? I know better than to take knives or sharp objects but I was thinking about only carrying a small bag or backpack with reading material and snacks. Are you allowed to take snacks on planes? What about backpacks? Or do you try to carry at least some clothes with you in case your luggage gets lost? Help!

Drugs! I hate flying!!!!!!!
I carry a back pack with things to read and what not. don't carry scissors, nail clippers anything like that, they will take it away.

What about cameras?

I would carry an oversize purse/totebag...room for books, magazine, munchies, etc., and a small carry on bag with a change of clothes.

Oh yeah.. pack real food. Cameras, definitely, you wouldn't want those smashed around in the luggage you check. Really, anything valuable I'd put in the carry-on...for me that ends up being my running shoes & coolmax :o

I carried a backpack, that had all my stuff that I absolutely couldn't live with. Medication, ID, Wallet, gregcam. I also carried my palm pilot, a couple of magazines, my cell phone, and some munchies.

Hubby's carry on always has at least one change of clothes, magazines, toiletries minus nail clippers and razors. Take the camera, definitely, and when I flew with the kids when I was pregnant, I had a lot of munchies, so that's a go as far as I know.

I carry a backpack with a water bottle holder, and a some
sandwiches and munchies (its easier on your wallet )

and lots of reading material (books or fan fictions off the web).

If possible and your trip is short try to carry all your stuff
using two bags. One for your personal stuff (backpack) and the
other for clothing.

S99

Thanks for the advice! Yes I am a travel dork.

Unless it is absolutely unavoidable (as I suspect it will be with your upcoming trip), I never check baggage. I don't want anyone going through my stuff. So I take a little wheelie carryon with clothes, etc. and a big schlep bag with books, camera, purse, food, water, and whatever else didn't fit in the wheelie bag.

so you're one of those people.

I don't fly. I don't travel.

Next topic please!

Seriously, I come from good farming stock that never, ever left the farm. Ever. I have roots so deep I have trouble getting to the grocery store.

so you're one of those people.

Hey man, I stow the luggage up top and my bag underneath the seat in front of me, like you're supposed to! I'm better than THOSE people who insist on shoving everything up top so others can't get their luggage in there. I'm allowed two bags, I take two bags.

:LOL:
I KNEW I'd get a reply from that one!
:wiggle:

I check everything I can. I've flown quite a bit, and have only "lost" my luggage once. And it wasn't really lost, it was just on the plane after mine. I hate dragging sh!t through the airport. I usually have my purse and the stuff that goes in it and a book. As far as what you are allowed to take, it really varies from airport to airport. Some check more carefully than others. Pittsburgh stopped my mother once and confiscated her nail clippers.