OK, how about a general topic probably everyone can relate to, from the folks wondering how to apply brush to those who want to nail the perfect set of eyebrows at home? Simply said, what beauty techniques would you love to master some time in the near future? And what steps are you undertaking to get it done?

I love contouring and the way it makes some people look. This is probably the beauty technique that has the most power to totally transform someone's face. I would love to get really good at that, but I need a ton more practice to achieve exactly what I want.

You?

Call me an amateur, but I would really, really like to figure out how to apply a good smoky eye! I have tried many a time and yes, I do follow tutorials (too loosely perhaps) but it just looks like I've been applying makeup while driving, drunk, or both at once. Not a pretty picture!

Does anyone have any tips for me please? It totally smudges and the distribution of different colors looks nothing like what you'd see in a nice glossy magazine. Still, there has to be a way, right?

TIA

Ah, smoky eyes! So ubiquitous, so hard to do correctly! That's a cool one. Anyone else?

Hot makeup trends... hmmm... let's see. Yeah, I'd like to learn how to nicely apply liner to the waterline. That'd be swell. "Black out" I think they call it? Love that look and would love to learn how to pull it off! There's also lots of "arty" liners about now, and though I have experimented with this kind of thing in my bathroom before, it would def take more confidence for me to go out like that! Same goes for glitter. See lots of that about in the shops at the minute, like you know, for lips, eyes, everything. Some of that looks awfully glam in mags, but is it for me? Not sure.

Contouring done right is tricky, I agree, especially since different techniques are used for different face shapes and you first have to take the time to learn what really works best for you. Self help videos can be of great assistance in this area, but nothing beats learning from a professional makeup artist! I love my job and don't want to be a makeup artist, but I would positively love to take a course to just get that extra edge and be able to express myself exactly the way I want to. I'm not even sure where I'd find a course like that, but there might be one?

Looking around, it seems like people could do with some really awesome basic tutorials on how to apply eyeliner. I don't know why, but I have never had issues in that department myself. But lots of people do.

Hmmm... I think I'm good to go. I might like to learn different techniques on how to accentuate different parts of the face, make it look softer or bolder, or things like making the nose look smaller or the lips bigger in a natural way. All in all though I think I am pretty good with makeup.

Haha. What a question is that. Remember I started a post about using blush a while ago? I still haven't mastered it.

Maybe it would be good to have skin piercings all over your face instead so nobody has to see the lack of makeup skills. They'd just be interested by or horrified by, whatever you like, the piercings in all shapes and forms. Unfortunately I don't like piercings either.

So, would I like to master? Applying lipstick would be a great start for me. Seriously though, I prefer natural ways to make my skin look good without makeup. Like, dermarollers to reduce wrinkles. Because it involves kind of spikes or something, I'd be worried I'd myself bleed instead of making myself look younger.

Everything!

I never had any real female friends growing up and my mother wasn't into makeup like AT ALL. I look in magazines and watch tutorials and I do an okay job looking nice day to day but then I see things like amazing eyeliner, blended eyeshadow, masterful face transformations, and I wonder, where do people actually learn these things? Or do you have to have a natural talent and just forget about learning that if you can't figure it out by yourself?

Do you have any tips for me?