Hi, I have a really strange condition. I was never allergic to anything. Couple of days ago I decided to buy a dog. And I did. My choice was a Dalmatian. When my father brought him home it happened. My nose was all runny and I started to have problems breathing. Do you have any ideas why am I allergic to this dog alone?

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you developed allergy to your new dog. The allergy to dogs and other animals is caused by proteins from your dog's hair. These proteins cause your immune system to react in the way you have described. However, just because you discovered that you are allergic now does not mean that your Dalmatian is the only dog you are allergic to. It may be that your allergic reaction was not that sever before. The most probable reason for the appearance of your allergy at this time would be the fact that some people are more sensitive to some bread of dogs than to others. I would say that it is just bad luck that you are more allergic to Dalmatians than other dogs. In any case a visit to the doctor's office would be a wise move. The doctor will perform necessary tests and talk to you about the steps you should take to control your allergy. I hope that with these measurements you will be able to keep your dog.