Hi. I'm 22 year old female and beside the fact that I'm very skinny, which represents big threat to my health, about a month ago I was diagnosed with some syndrome accompanied with poor collagen.
I don’t really what this is but I can tell that first symptoms were constant bleeding from my gingival tissue and scurvy-loss of teeth and easy bruising.
My GP don’t seams to know a lot about this and he told me that I come again in a week and then he will prescribe me some therapy. He just told me that it has something to do with weakness of collagen in my body.
Please, if anyone knows more about it, feel free to write about it!?

Well, you will understand this easily when I explain you some facts about collagen.
Collagen is a major structural protein and most important building block of every tissue in human body. There are several types of collagen in human body.
It is main component of ligaments and tendons. Collagen is made of many amino acids which are based on three major- proline, lysine and hydroxylysine.
Key information is that for binding of these three amino acids, vitamin C is required. You said that you have problems with being under weight. Well, you probably suffer from vitamin C deficiency and this might be the trigger of your condition. Doctor will probably prescribe some nutritive supplements to improve your vitamin status.