Hello, folks. I have recently encountered my neighbor who told me that she got vitamin c injections. I wasn't feeling comfortable to ask her what they are used for, but I am very curious about that. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more regarding this matter. Thanks.

Hello, there. Don't worry, I will try to give you some info. The main indication for using injections of vitamin C is scurvy. It is a difficult disease caused by a deficiency of this vitamin. It is usually administrated for those people with acute deficiency. It is also recommended for people that can't take it orally. There are other conditions where you can take vitamin C in this form. Some of them are: febrile states, chronic illnesses and various infections like: sinusitis, diphtheria, rheumatic fever, etc. I hope this piece of info helps you. Good luck!