I would like to know some facts about anemia. All I know is that its main cause is low level of erythrocytes in blood, right? What's therapy for anemia? Are there any effective one and are they expensive? I ask all of this because it seems that my uncle will be diagnosed with that. His final test results will be done tomorrow, and then we will know, but my parents and uncle already mentioned anemia several times. So, can you answer me?

The first and primary method of treating anemia is use of erythropoetin injections. The type that is used represents synthetic version of natural hormone. I assume that you do not know what lies beneath the anemia. Mostly, there is some other illness or disease that caused anemia. He probably has some kidney problems which resulted in his current health state. Therapies are not expensive, but have to be used immediately.