Hi everyone,

About a month ago I went to the doctors with a lump in my groin, she diagnosed it as a cyst at first and I went away relieved. However, a few days later two more lumps appeared on the other side of my groin. I went back to a different doctor and he said that they were in fact my lymph nodes that were swollen, he was very re-assuring and said that he doesnt think it was anything serious and we discussed the fact that im young ect but if it would put my mind at rest he would send me for a blood test to rule out leukemia and lymphoma. My full blood count came back normal and he said nothing else came back so im in the all clear.

Heres the other thing, about a week or so ago ive felt a swelling in my right thigh near the top, it kind of goes across and I can see it if I lie on my back and bring my legs up, I can feel it if im sat down but if im stood its hard to feel it. I went back to the doctors (he must be sick of me by now haha, I sound like a raving hypocondriac (spelling?) but im honestly not, there is a swelling there) and he had a prod around while I was sat down, I had my baby son there and im always a bit embarrassed if its a male doctor examining me so I forgot to say half of what I wanted to. He said not to worry and its probably just a lipoma.

When I bring my legs up when im lay on my back it feels bigger than the palm of my hand and feels like a cramped muscle if that makes sense, but its not because it isnt painful.

Any thoughts? Im thinking of going for a second opinion because this is nagging at me a lot.

Edited to add. . .

I dont have any other symptoms, im not feeling tired or run down allthough running around after my toddler (who isnt walking yet haha) takes its toll. Im overweight and not losing any at the moment.

The only other information I could add is that in October I had a very bad bout of tonislitis, the doctor who seen me asked as usual if i was allergic to penicillin - I said no ive had amoxycillin before and he said he was giving me something stronger, he prescribed me Co-Amoxiclav. I had a bit of a reaction to this, I got thrush and diareahh (spelling?) and felt like I was falling to pieces for a few days until it kicked in.

I written this just in case the antibiotic could have something to do with it. What do you think?

Hey just make sure that you get that very checked out. I had a lump in my leg that everyone told me was a limpoma and then a non-malignant nerve tumor then when they took it out it was something called synoival sarcoma which effects the tissue, fluids and lining surrounding the joints. Mine was above the back of my knee. Sometimes it is hard but other times it is not well defined and is just a soft mass. In fact I know that a lot of times it is thought to be just a pulled muscle or sprained that part of their body. Ask for an MRI with contrasting. Don't be ashamed, It took three years for mine to be diagnosed and removed and then I had to have radiation for eight weeks. I still get scans all the time. I don't want to freak you out at all but I will never tell anyone that it is probably nothing ever again. Make sure it is nothing. Good luck and let me know what happens. I have two little boys 2 and 10 mo. They are my inspiration. Good luck!!

Emily

I have to agree with Emily. GET IT CHECKED OUT ASAP. I currently recovering from treatment of Hodgkin's Lymphoma and it started in my neck, but the research I've done indicates that it can start in any lymph nod on any part of the body.

Its a simple needle biopsi to determine if its lymphoma or not so seriously, don't wait two months like I did.

MY LEG IS THE SAME, MY LEFT THIGH IS SWOLLEN REALLY BIG AND I HAVE SWELLING ON MY KNEE, YET MY DOCTOR IS RELUCTANT TO SAY IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME.

I've been reading up a lot about this and saw that there is a condition known as angioedema that is related to random swellings in various parts of the body. Furthermore, angioedema though most commonly related to an allergy and so treated with antihistamines can also be related to an autoimmune disorder. So, it's a good idea to get tested for HIV just in case.

Hi, you posted this back in 2006, I have come across the same thing, and was wondering how things are going and what was the outcome....I am going out of my mind with worry!!!

?

Hi
I have the same thing, and I was wondering what was the outcome of your lump? as this was posted back in 2006? I am going out of my mind with worry!!!!!
Thank you!

Hi

As this was posted back in 2006, please can you tell me what your findings were? I have the same, and I am worring my self sick!!

Thank you

Brunettemum wrote:

Anyone?

For me ... Similar with lymph nodes and then edema of both legs and some abdominal pain. I also had a small abscess or induration in the groin that was ultrasounded -- was told it was a lymph node-- then it got smaller as they gave me antibiotics. My knee got huge on that side with hard nodules I think are lymphatics up on that side and got hot and painful. Then both knees - then both legs -- and I go to the dr and she thinks I am crazy. Had UTI in first tests but all normal blood work and CT IVP, normal CRP and SED also. I think after months of me coming in with a temp of 99.8 and 99.9 and pain in my abdominal area, left flank over kidney, groin and knees and lumps behind my knees and around the fleshy areas of the sides of my knees and groin -- and swollen ankles I can't even find anymore, someone would see me and remember that they saw me before. I finally asked for and got a referral for a biopsy and saw the dr who said he wanted to biopsy and am now waiting on a biopsy but the dr who went away for the holidays ... 10 more days ... and now I can wait some more... I feel awful. Got to feeling like the infected area had spread up the left side of my kidney and to my entire lower pelvic floor area. I went to the internist with it last week as I was in terrible pain (the same one who told me I had the lymph node that finally referred me for the Biopsy and she has the ultrasound that says the 5mm x 2 mm lymph node is atypical) and when I go in and show her my infected lymph node, she acts like she never ever saw it before --and told me it was folliculitis. It would go away. 2 weeks later it turned into a black area under the skin that looked like a bleeding rotten round puddle - never came out of the skin- and has gotten thickened and dark. All else stays the same while await the surgeon. EEK -- any ideas. My legs and pelvic area hurt. I wonder if just congestion of the lymphatics from infection from that original UTI and the abscess or what ever it is that has become so hard to deal with -- all of the inguinal area hurts. At least it got smaller (node) as the legs get more huge -- I have never seen anything look like that before.

My mother had undergone hysterectomy in nov 06. After that she has never felt too easy ..She keeps complaining of gases in her stomach and pain in lower back. She was put through a PET scan that revealed cancer in lymph nodes. However , another doctor claims its not cancer at all. My mother recently develop a swollen thigh and the swelling went beyond the knee..Worried , she rushed to the doctor again with cancer fear. The doctor again reiterated that the symptoms do not classify cancer existence at all and has given some medicines. This doctor is very popular here and holds credible qualification. What is advised at this moment..My mother still complains of gases ..especially during night. She is feeling very relieved to know doctor's opinion and this has her given lot of confidence..
Any advice plzzz..

Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Rheumatoid Arthritis are all also autoimmune disorders that can cause pain and swelling. I have swelling and pain in my left thigh and knee and they are telling me that that along with other things makes them think that I may have Lupus :(

And not to scare anyone, but my mother had a lymph node swell in her groin area about 12 years ago. She spent months going to her Dr about it. The Dr would run tests and call and say everything was normal but the swelling would still occur as well as a fever. Mom finally went to the ER and a Dr there told her it was Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She was told she had stage 3 cancer on the same day that her regular "Dr" called to tell her that she had gotten the test results back and that they still showed everything to be normal. So if you are uncertain at all get a second opinion!!!

i would see an a cancer dr immediately only ay to know i biospy.takes a few minutes.they will see what type of infection it is it is not always cancer the family drs are nice but feeling around means nothing you know its swollen and they know as much as you ,,,do it now

i have 54 swollen lynph nodes in my upper thighs and shins. I asked the dr to do a full battery of blood work to rule out lymphoma, lupus, and rhumetoid arthritis. She is sending me to a dermatologist? I think they may biopsy one of the nodes. I am stumped and my legs hurt. The swollen spots are red and bruised looking. I am open to hearing from anyone who has experienced anything remotely like this. At first I thought it was red dye from an anergy drink but it hasn't gone away with stopped use of the drink.

I found your post because I have the exact thing. When I sit down it feels like I'm sitting on a rolled up facecloth. It showed up fast, like in 3 days. No other symptoms of any kind. It feels so weird. I'm going to see a doctor about it this week, with no clue about what it could be. I'm healthy and exercise regularly.

I am shocked that your physician has not tested you for lymphoma, pelvic infection or syphilis. Not to alarm you, I just have read the same type of symptoms and just was tested for syphilis for different reasons. The test is called RPR. If a tissue turns black, there is a big issue, tissue necrosis, which is tissue death. I am an RN. Look up images of a bubo and see if it looks like it. Keep at it, doctors are not as smart as you think and they sometimes have very poor diagnostic skills, that is why they are sued so much, because people's lives suffer when they blow patients off and some patients seek justice and reward.