Hello! My grandmother has been diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. Her doctor prescribed Azulfidine-En tablets and told her that she could see the effect of AZULFIDINE EN-tabs by the degree of improvement in the number and extent of actively inflamed joints. My grandmother hasn’t seen any improvement yet. Her doctor says that Azulfidine takes a while before it starts working. Is this true or my grandmother is not responding to this therapy?

Hi! Your grandmother’s doctor was right. Azulfidine-En does not produce an immediate response. Some doctors recommend concurrent treatment with analgesic until the effects of Azulfidine is apparent. As I know therapeutic response has been observed in four weeks after starting treatment, but sometimes treatment of 12 weeks is needed in some patients before benefit is noted. Be patient and consult your doctor.