last lmp june 6 Found out Thursday im 6 weeks 1 day pregnant. when did I conceive? does 6 weeks really mean 8 weeks. Also I got pregnant on nuvaring. How weird

Hi Melanie

I need some more information to be able to properly respond.

1. Was 6th June the start of your 'LMP' (withdrawal bleed) or the end? If not the start, when did it start?
  2. Was the 6 weeks 1 day pregnancy taken from a scan or calculated from dates you gave?
  3. Why do you ask whether 6 weeks means 8 weeks?
  4. Nuvaring is a low-dose contraceptive. How long have you been using it?
  5. Do you insert it the same time every 28 days?
  6. What date did you last insert it?
  7. What date did you last remove it?
  8. Are you on any other medication?
  9. Has it fallen out or broken at any time?

If you reply, I will try and shed some light on what happened.

1. june 6 was the first day it started
2. had a sonogram done at ER because they was saying I had a blighted ovum but my hcg levels was 37,000 on july 17 they could only see a empty sac. I went back a week later and they found the baby measuring 6 weeks 1 day and hcg levels were 109,000.
3. does the baby measurements include the 2 weeks before I was actually pregnant? does it include the week I had my period?
4. I have been using NuvaRing since October 2013 -- June 2014 I last put it in July 8 or 9 and was having severe headaches and nausea it was the worst feeling I guess because I was pregnant with nuvaring in.
5. not the exact same date maybe 2-3 days after my period is fully finished
6. in june I didn't put one in because my insurance would pay for it for the month of june they finally started back paying in july which is so crazy.....but I figured it would still be in my system because I had been using it for 8 months straight with no problem at all.
7. I removed it on July 14 because it was making me so sick with the headaches and nausea I couldn't focus on work or anything so I ended up going to the hospital on july 17
8. not on any other medication
9. never fell out or broke
Thanks for trying to help me understand

NuvaRing should be removed 3 weeks after insertion, on the same day of the week and at about the same time. 7 days later another should be inserted on the same day of the week and at about the same time the ring was removed (corresponding to the previous insertion). If you insert the ring more than three hours late, it may not be effective in preventing pregnancy and extra contraceptive precautions are needed.
They would probably have used hormone levels in your blood, the date of your LMP as well as the results from the ultrasound sonogram to generate a gestational age and thus an estimated date of conception. However, differences in women's cycles can affect the accuracy of that calculation. The viability of sperm varies as well, which means that intercourse up to five days before ovulation may result in conception. Ultrasound dating of conception is not considered 100% reliable for determining date of conception because it is reckoned that the ultrasound can be out by perhaps 5-7 days in early pregnancy.
Has your due date been given as something close to 4th March?
So can you recall which days you had sex and with whom in the fortnight after 6th June? Are you trying to work out who the father is?
I hope this helps a bit more.

Did u get my message?

No Melanie, I do appear to have received a private message from you. Try again, but I may not be able to respond immediately depending on internet access. But I will respond,

could I have conceived on June 20? even after taking 2 birth control pills at one time to prevent pregnancy 2 days later. I figured if I took 2 birth control pills at onetime it would take the place of a morning after pill

Which BC pills did you take?