I have five children at age 31. I literally FELT every conception, within 16 hours after intercourse. The other night, I felt it for the 6th time...but am not prepared for another baby. I have a Nuvaring that I had failed to insert earlier that day. Will inserting it NOW cause a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage)? 8-| If so, how will I know one has occurred?

No, inserting Nuvaring will not cause an abortion. If you think you got pregnant and are not sure if you want to keep the baby make sure you see your gynecologist and don't do anything on your own. Don't take any pills or start bc pills until you have a blood tests done or until you are examined by your doctor.

There is a problem though.. ALL MEDICAL books and articles will tell you this, but conception takes at LEAST 36 hours or so.. It does not happen instantly.

shameful idea wrote:

I have five children at age 31. I literally FELT every conception, within 16 hours after intercourse. The other night, I felt it for the 6th time...but am not prepared for another baby. I have a Nuvaring that I had failed to insert earlier that day. Will inserting it NOW cause a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage)? :roll: If so, how will I know one has occurred?

Ask your self this question what if you were able to force a miscarriage and something bad were to happen to you where does this leave the 5 kids you already have. Even if they have family your really important to them be careful go to the doctor

If you suspect pregnancy and you do not want to keep it, it is always best to seek an aboriton by a qualified physician.

It will not, I had unprotected sex and the next day put in a nuvaring for the first time and now I'm pregnant!

If you were on the ring regularly and just left it out it may work. Mine was out for two days. I miscarried the next day I put it back.

You can't feel the conception, you liar. 

I did within a day or two, I knew with each of my 3 babies weeks before a missed period

I felt mine as well and had positive tests only 2 weeks after conception