In august 2014, i found out I was pregnant. August 13 is when i found out exactly, and a few days after I took a clear blue pregnancy test that said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant (since ovulation) this would mean I would have had to concieved the last month of july/early august. I then had a dating scan at what I thought was 9 weeks and 1 day on september 11, 2014. during the scan, she informed me that I was actually 8 weeks & 2 days, which again, lines up to that week of conception, with a conception date on july 29, given i had a regular 28 day cycle, which im sure I do, because from July 15 (my lmp) to august 12 (when I was expecting to get my next period) is 28 days. and around the 9-10 of august, I remember feeling like I was supposed to be getting my period soon, and thats why on the 13th I took a test, because I knew something wasnt right. anyways, my ex and I were together, but broke up around july 19-20. Like I said my LMP was july 15, so that means we were fighting and breaking up while I was on my period. the only thing is, i cant remember if we had sex on my period or not. I HIGHLY doubt we did, and if we did im sure we would have used a condom. On july 25, I met up with an old friend of mine, and we wound up having sex, every day that week up until about the 2nd or 3rd of august. this was all in the time frame of when ovulation was supposed to be occuring, and like I said we were having sex EVERY day when I was in my most fertile period. is there any way my ex could still be the father, even though my ultrasound was moved back a week, and my pregnancy test would have read 2-3 weeks, not 1-2? like i said, i really dont even think we had sex - just in the case we DID, i know sperm can only live at MAX up to 7 days so the latest day we would have had sex is the 18th, which could POSSIBLY put conception at july 25, but conception date from my early US says july 29. I know its my friends baby, but i just need to be reassured. thanks!

Hi Notsure,

Your LMP started on July 15, which agrees with the 8 weeks 2 days on 9/11/2014.

You'd normally have ovulated between July 26 and July 31.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days max.  You did likely conceive around the 29th.

Since the last time you had sex was around the 19-20 July, it's close, but not likely that your ex is the father.

Don't rely on ultrasound dating. Ultrasound dating is only as accurate as the technician and even then fetuses develop at different rates/times just as a baby does.  Don't focus on the the pregnancy test results either.  HCG levels can vary considerably and that is what it bases the date on.

Use the date from your last period.  You know that.

Most likely your friend is the father. 

Thank you. So even if I did ovulate early, that would still make my due date earlier though, right? When I went for my US, I wasn't sure of my LMP and I guess a date of July 9, 2014. (edd April 15) but like I said she changed it to April 21, 2015. I know you said ultrasounds are a science and I get that, but she would not have pushed it back if I actually indeed ovulate early? I've been using an ovulation calender and putting in dates around July 22-23 as thats the latest I probably could have conceived with my ex, given his sperm lived inside me if we actually DID have sex on my period and they all give me dates of anywhere from July 15-17, which is what my US tech changed from to begin with.

No. Ovulating early will not change your due date.

Doctors base due dates and gestation on your LMP. Why? Because most women know exactly when that was. The other problem is that no one can tell for sure when you ovulated after the fact, not even your doctor. You also don't get pregnant immediately. It can take several days.

Unless there is a large difference between the US date and the LMP, most doctors will favor the LMP. Both are just estimates.

Hope it helps.

But since they changed my LMP from July 9, to July 15 by US and they are going by my July 15 LMP, this is definitely what I should go by? Meaning based on the GA of the baby at that point, ovulation SHOULD have occurred on the 29th? I'm sorry, I'm just really trying to rule out the ex boyfriend.. Lol.

Like for example, if my LMP was July 9, my ovulation dates would have been19-23 or so. If my LMP was July 15, but ovulated early into my cycle, I still would have most likely concieved on those dates. But since she changed my LMP to July 15, this puts me a whole week ahead, meaning baby was most likely measuring spot on to when I concieved, during the 26-31st or so, otherwise she would have just kept my LMP the same and kept me at the 9 weeks 1 day, instead of 8 weeks 2 days. So with that info, I can MOST LIKELY rule out the ex, correct?

Notsure, the uncertainty over the LMP is a problem. Again, we can't know, nobody can, exactly when you ovulated or when you conceived.

Based on the July 15 estimate, that's what it is an estimate, timing would tend to rule out your ex but we can't say with 100% certainty.

You'll need a DNA test to confirm paternity. There is no other way.

Sorry. Good luck.