I know due dates are just an estimate but I can't help but still think why is my due date Feb 5th when the ultrasound tech started I conceived late April. I don't believe I had a period in May because my period was light and only lasted a couple of days I did have mild cramps my periods are usually really heavy and they last for 5 days. Plus in June I was 2 months and 8 days as far as I was told but it's plus or minus a week and he took 5 days off my ultrasound so June 29th instead of being 2 months and 8 days I was 2 months and 3 days if I conceived in the middle of May wouldn't I be a month and a half? I'm so confused. I'm just really worried cause I really want my baby fathers support and he's not trying to be here for me because of this. And the doctors are telling me that I conceived late April early May and the tech said I conceived in April please help cause this is stressing me out

The dates are rather confusing, but often are given taking into account to your stated period dates. So it depends whether they are taking into account your LMP as April or May.

If your due date is 5th Feb 2017, then it suggests fertilisation on 15th May 2016. The late April 'conception' date (?fertilisation) gives a mid Jan 2017 due date.

To try and make sense of the dates, perhaps you could give some more information.

1. What were the start dates of your last 6 periods.
  2. What dates did you have sex since your March period in March, April and May (and with whom)?
  3. How long do your period flows usually last?
  4. What date did you expect your April period to start?
  5. What date did you expect your May period to start?

1. I'm not sure at all
2. I started my period in the middle of March I had sex March 6th really throughout that month cause me and my now ex were together.
3. They last 5 days and are REALLY HEAVY and I have extreme cramping
4. I always start my periods in the middle so I would say April 16 or something like that.
5. I actually would have expected my period to start mid May like around my birthday (May 15)
I hope you can help me in the beginning of May I experienced some light bleeding that wasn't my period at all because of the lightness and the time (it was 2 days) I was on medication so maybe the pills made me bleed I'm guessing.

Oh and referring to question one I was still with my ex in April but we broke up in April and mid May I had sex with someone else

Supposing you have a regular 30-day cycle, and your 1st period this year were 17th Jan, then your subsequent periods would suggest starting 16th Feb, 17th Mar, 16th Apr & 16th May.

They in turn would suggest Ovulation Days of 3rd Jan, 2nd Feb, 3rd Mar, 2nd Apr & 2nd May.

On the basis of the above, the likelihood of fertilisation occurring on 15th May is low - 1 month after your April period starting, but not impossible.

More likely seems to be fertilisation on 2nd May, which would be from sex during the time from 27th April to 2nd May. That being so, implantation could have taken place around 11th May (perhaps the light bleeding you had?), and would give a due date of 23rd Jan.

All this assumes a regular cycle, and some assumptions about period dates. But I hope this sheds some light on possibilities.

Being 2 months and 8 days [is that (28x2)+8 days] pregnant on 29th June suggests fertilisation 26th April (less than a week off my assumed 2nd May). 2 actual months plus 3 days also comes to 26th April. But I have assumed very regular cycles!

It leads me to think that probably your ex is the father.

Does any of this help?

yes that helped a lot actually! So them taking 5 days off doesn't matter ? Why did they bake 5 days off in the first place ?

But I had light bleeding in the beginning of May

It depends how you are understanding "months"

• 2 lunar months is 2 x 28 = 56.
  • 2 calendar months (April & May) = 30 + 31 = 61.
  • 61 - 56 = 5.

In your case of months and days:

• 2 lunar months + 8 days = 56 + 8 = 64
  • 2 calendar months (April & May) + 3 days = 61 + 3 = 64

Because calendar months are not all the same length, it is easier to talk in lunar months, so 2 months is always 56 days. However July & August have 31 + 31 days = 62 days. That is 6 days different - almost a week! Indeed the common "monthly" cycle is 28 days.

A similar situation happens when calculating the due date for the birth. Commonly, it is said that pregnancy lasts 9 months. But again that could be a different number of days depending on which months are included. Often it is expressed in weeks, but there again, it depends on your starting point. 40 weeks is often used as calculating from LMP start (usually the only evidently known event in the menstrual cycle), and assumes a 28-day cycle. That would mean ovulating after 14 days (2 weeks) of LMP start. From fertilisation it is only 38 weeks. (40 weeks = 280 days = 10 lunar months; 38 weeks - 266 days = 9.5 lunar months).

The light bleeding at the beginning of May could possibly be because of ovulation. Sometimes it is 'spotting'; sometimes light bleeding. This does not always happen, nor does it happen with all women.

Oh okay so me being 2 mo and 3 days June 29th the father is very much my ex wow okay I knew I wasn't crazy.

Remember you were told that the 2month+3(8)days could be out by a week. I think that rather than 26th April, it more likely seems to be fertilisation on 2nd May (a week later). That would be from sex during the time from 27th April to 2nd May. So on 29th June you could have been 2 lunar months + 2 days (or 1 calendar month, 3 weeks and 6 days).

Okay I was wondering why the doctor said late April early May I was thinking, "Is it April or May?!" But it was still be my ex cause I didn't have sex early May

And they did take off a week the 5 days

No, that's not the week. The five days is converting lunar months to calendar months. The estimated fertilisation date was the same either way.

Yes, I think it is your ex based on the information you have given.
When is your next scan due?