Okay My boyfriend and i broke up and i slep with my ex the first day of my ovulation (June 18th) but used a condom. My boyfriend and i worked things out,got back together and slept together (June 19th) UN protected as well as June 20th and 23rd. We had also had sex in the begning of the month which was June 11th,(my period began June 4-7) but i think it would have been impossibel for me to ovulate 4 days after my period stopped.LOL I finally after numerous tests,found out i was pregnant July 7th. Went to the dr on August 2nd and by u/s it stated I was 7 wks and 3 days. But if you go by LMP i would of been 8 weeks or so. The dr told me my conception date was June 25th and my Due date is March 18th. None of those dates ADD UP! Please help me understand this

Hi Mommy,

You don't necessarily become pregnant the same day you had sex.  Are you positive as to the ovulation date?  It is not impossible for someone to ovulate 4 days after having her period.  It usually is between about days 11-16 of your cycle.

If you did ovulate on the 18th, the egg is only viable for about 48 hour so you likely conceived between the 18th-20th.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days but you indicate you did not have sex during that period.

If your ex used the condom correctly it is unlikely that he is the father.  It is more likely that your boyfriend is the father.  The timing was very good.

A DNA test is the only way to be 100% positive.

So if i had unprotected sex on the 19th,20th and 23rd it is very possible that i concieved around the time i had sex..not 48 hrs later? July 7th is when i found out i was pregnant after testing numerous times after sex and always getting negative...I guess my issue is how the dr's calcuate these dates..LOL they dont add up to when it really could have happened.

Yes im pretty positive on the ovulation date..specially with how it all happened and how quickly i got pregnant!

Doctors usually go by when your LMP was as most women know when that was.

The ultrasound is good as a tool but is only as accurate as the technician.  Neither is accurate to the exact day, or even a couple of days, as there is some variability in nature. 

If you are positive as to the ovulation date then we know you had to conceive between the 18th and 20th.  After that, the egg wouldn't be viable.