I am coming off of methadone..Is it a good idea to use hydrocodone to ease the withdrawal symptoms??? Since getting off of hydrocodone would be so much easier...Let me know what you think...Thanks

I would say no due to it defeats the purpose of taking the methadone.. Methadone is used to get off of opiates and heroine And if your thinking of taking hydrocodone it will send you right back to the starting point off addiction...

why on earth would you go from Methadone to vicodin?...go down 2mil. every other week until your off!!..No withdrawal at all!!!

I meant to say was, go down on the Methadone 2mil. every other week!

No.withdrawal my ass .....no matter how slow you go, its gonna hurt

I was withdrawling from bupe on day 6 and decided to take vikes to help ... Wrong ! Although it made me feel a little better for a bit. I had to keep doing them or it was right back to the depression , sleeplessness and skin crawling . I had just switched addictions. I don't know what methodone withdrawl is like but ( bupe) suboxion is pure hell. I'd try tapering off then getting on anti deporessent . Ask your dr for something that may help that's nonnarcotic. Good luck