I live with my sister and her 4 children and i was just wondering when is it out of place for to advise my sister on punishment. She has 13,10,5,3 year old and I truly belive that the 13 year old need to see a doctor for her behavior. I belive that she has ADHD but her mother don't and it's affecting her in school and every thing I'm not sure if she will past this year because she was just out of control. She's very loud and disrespectful and has a very bad attitude. She told me that since they think that she bad then she's going to be bad. Both parents are in the house I just feel that she need some help and they think it's something else. What are the signs of ADHD?

Renetta,

Welcome the forum and for posting this question. The symptoms of ADHD include inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity. These are traits that most children display at some point or another. But with ADHD, which stands for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or what was referred to as ADD -- attention deficit disorder -- the symptoms are inappropriate for the child's age. Most of the time children do not have ADHD but many times it is easier for parents to blame a disorder than admitting their parenting skills are not up to par. Being loud and disrespectful is not usually a sign of ADHD. Most of the time children rise to their parents expectations. Sounds like she just needs to know that her parents believe in her and love her.