I have been off my period since february 3rd 2012 been having unprotected sex wt my boyfriend since then when do you think i should take a pregnancy test ?? could it be to early still to find out? Trying to have our 2nd child i'm excited any answers would help thank you all  :-P

Hi Mary,

You really should wait until your period is due before testing.  Testing early will result in a negative as the hormone levels the test looks for just won't be high enough.

2 weeks after sex would be the earliest.  It may be unreliable that early.  Be sure to use your very first morning urine.  It is more concentrated so more likely to give an accurate read.  It's not the amount of urine, it's the concentration that matters.  You don't want to drink a lot of fluids and "dilute" it.

Good luck, Hope it helps.

Hi medic dan so i just got my period on february 23rd :( With my 3 year old i had my last period on april 2008 got pregnant on may 2008. I dont understand why i got my period could it be because of my age or weight i am very sad dont know what else to do :(