I started spotting, what looked like it,5 days early. I'm normally right on time every month. I noticed that after a day of very light spotting I got a medium rush with no clots. After a day it just stopped. Then i had clear discarge. My chest is sore, before and after spotting, I have headaches heavy pressure in my lower abdomen but no cramps I've been hungry every couple hrs. With Random bouts of nausea. My husband and I are trying to have a baby. When should I take a test, or do I not need to.

Hi Guest,

Testing early, a false negative result is common.  Wait until your period is due.  If the result is a negative and you still haven't had your period by about 10 days later, retest.

Always use your first morning urine to test.  It is more concentrated and more likely to provide an accurate result.  Home tests are only really accurate when they indicate a "positive".

False negatives are very common.  A false positive is very rare,

Good luck.

Thank you I started to have some cramping this morning and lower back pain on the sides of my back and some dizzieness. Will retest.