I have made urine test (culture and sensitivity) but report came normal.....is it is the right test to find Chlamydia or any other std infection .....if not plz suggest the right one.

Hi rrrr,

A urine test may be used but more commonly a swab is taken of any discharge.

Depending on how the urine test is performed, it may/may not detect an STD.

Hi medic-dan,
the urine test is made by collecting urine.....it came i have Escherichia coli bacteria.....but i have symptoms white or clear sticky penile discharge from penis tip when i squeez my penis, strengthless penis,itching and burning sensation in penis , vomiting sensation , is this symptoms are caused by Escherichia coli infection or do u think i have another std ....before 2 weeks ago i have infected with Trichomonas vaginalis and taken treatment..but now i have another bacteria( Escherichia coli ).....is am risk of getting hiv by infected with one after another infection.....what will be the condition of me if i also have Chlamydia infection or another std....is i am greater risk of getting hiv.....i am feared a lot.....hope you help me with good sugestion..waiting for ur replay....

Do u think i want to make urine test by collecting swab....to know perfect infection.

Hi rrrr,

Normally a urine test is used when a urinary tract infection is suspected. Usually, if an STD, a "swab" type test of the discharge (such as the sticky discharge you're seeing) is made and it is cultured. In some cases blood tests are done.

E. Coli is a common bacteria and not necessarily an STD. You can get it from poor food handling. It can be aggressive. It is probably what is causing your stomach symptoms.

Are you being treated now for it?

You said you had trich and took the treatment. Good.

Any STD puts you at increased risk of HIV infection. Getting the trich treated took care of that. E. Coli is not an STD but needs to be treated just the same.

You can always do a followup test on the Trich with your doctor.

Hi medic-dan my confusion is ....if i have Escherichia coli infection ..is i mentioned symptoms are related to that bacteria....or is it related to another std...

I think E.coli is causing your stomach problems.

The discharge may be related to the Trich.

Or, have you anal sex lately?

No i dont have anal sex from last 3 months....what test i have to made now..

Just tell your doctor your symptoms and they'll determine what tests to give you.  It should be a swab and culture to find out what the discharge is.

Anal sex can pass e. coli from one person to another.

Thanks for ur replay.
i have e.coil in my urine culture report and also epidymal cyst in my left testicle..my symptoms are pain in penis tip(suddenly occurs),vomiting sensation ,clear sticky discharge but no colour it comes when i squeez my penis tip,sudden back pain and elbow pain is this is any std syptoms if which one is it or it just an uti plz help me i am confused with doctor

A UTI can cause some of the pains in your lower back and penis. The clear discharge may indicate a STD but it can also be normal. Many men occasionally have clear discharge - precum, from their penis.

The elbow pain isn't specific.

Ask your doctor to clarify.

Thanks ....but doctor made also blood test it came also normal....but they are telling only urine culture test again and again.....they r not suggesting any swab test although i have telled all my symptoms ..is std like calmidiya and gonneriah can be detected by blood test..

Usually they test the discharge but yes, they can do a blood test as well.

rrrr, much depends upon where you live as to how they diagnose/treat. It seem unlikely you have an STD. They are focusing on your UTI - you do have one, the e.coli, and it can cause the pains you are having.

Thank you very much ....i am now relaxed much from worry.

I Hi medic-dan,
Today i got my urine culture report but it says all normal ..but i have clear sticky penile discharge when i squeez my penis,pain at the tip of penis,low back and side pain ,small testicle pain also...with vomiting sensation in the early morning...i strongly believe i have calmydia....what is the perfect cause for this.....which test i have to make to know calmydia....can cbc test show calmydia ....plz help me .