Kind of a light question, but I'm curious. Do you start your mileage right from the front door? End of the driveway? Do you walk a bit for a warmup and then start "the run"?

I'm a "end of the driveway" kinda guy. A 20-second walk and I'm runnin'. :)

I walk one-tenth of a mile down to the corner, turn left, and go. Every run, every time.

They began and ended at my front steps. No warmup, no stretching. Walked down the steps, and away I went

Cycling begins and ends at the garage.

At work :: At the top of a 1/4 mi. long hill with a 6% grade. Nothing like a little down hill start. :P

At home :: End of the driveway.

Run, Group, after crossing first traffic light SOLO end of driveway for GPS to lock on.

Skates , LSD After crossing traffic light out of Piedmont park and end at same spot, Group skates, from the words LET'S ROLL, SOLO end of driveway for GPS to lock on.

At the beginning of the main driveway outside the community pool. I still have a bit of a walk/jog to the start and from the finish.

I start at the "start" line at the lakes. If I start there, the miles are marked for the 4 and 5 mile loops. If I start from home, it's from the edge of my yard. I usually stretch, but don't do any real walking or jogging to warm up. (unless of course it's speedwork or something)

Same here...I'm the "end of the driveway" guy...

At the end of the street.

about a half a block walk, then I go.

If I'm running outside I have to drive a few miles to the park. :? The road we live on has no shoulder and its very high-traffic. I'm hoping they will widen the road to accomodate the traffic some day.

neighborhood run - end of driveway kinda

park run - when i get inside the stadium and hit the track

treadmill - i schlepp on that thing for about a half mile. sometimes longer. i just can't hit that arrow up button :|

Most of my runs start right outside the back door of my office building. It helps that my office says "FasterRunning.com" right on the door so no one really minds that I come into the building pooring with sweat after a run!

I walk about 10 minutes on the private road on our property, then drive 2 miles to my normal running route. My road is too windy and full of logging trucks to run on during the work week.

End of driveway for moi.

Since I run from work I track my mileage from pretty much right after we walk out the front door of our office.