I am begining to dislike running this way even though all of the literature says it is what/how to run.

I am having more problems with cars stopped, getting ready to make right turns and not looking that just about every day I am jumping on bumpers or out of the way.
Funny that I always look right now before I turn to make my right when I drive.

I end up losing my stride every time I see a car pulling out of a driveway or something

just about every day I am jumping on bumpers or out of the way.
Just like T. J. Hooker?

I feel your pain. My house is flanked by one-way streets. People never look in the direction traffic "shouldn't" be coming from. I've seen too many tourists/drunks/senior citizens/crackheads/quilters going the wrong way to not check both ways.

Big 10-4 on that!

I always ran and I currently ride with the flow of traffic.

I guess its just a preference for me

I think it's still better to run against the flow of traffic even if you have to dodge people making right turns without looking or cars backing out of their driveways. At least you see them.

If you run with the traffic you won't see them until after feeling their bumper and other car parts on various parts of your body as you are crossing a street or driveway.

I always like to know that I'm about to be creamed.

I would definitely prefer to be running facing traffic, especially at night. I feel much safer because I can see what's coming, and since I run on the road instead of on the side, I can jump off at any time if I think a car doesn't see me. Cars making right turns doesn't really affect me, because if they're turning right, they're going straight into the lake. :P

I agree, I'd rather jump someplace than constantly have to look behind while running or worse get hit. I, however, feel queasy running facing the traffic on a curvy road on blind/sharp corners. A lot of people tend to cut it close there...

Big 10-4 on that!
Hey, I happen to be a tourist/drunk/senior citizen/crackhead/quilter, and I'm very offended by that :?

Right, right, right, repeat..... I run clockwise so I am always looking at the cars coming out of the intersections to my right. If I run the opposite direction, the drivers are looking left and will not see me coming at them. Drivers very rarely look to the right before making a right hand turn into traffic. They will tend to pull out onto the sidewalk or far out in the intersection so they can see. When you run counterclockwise you are always on the right side off the car and can be sure that the driver will not see you as they pull out onto the road. You have a much better chance when they are looking at least in your direction. Sheldon
:1: Sheldon

I run defensively. I never ever assume people can see me and I'll get off the road if at all possible when a vehicle approaches, even if it means running in someone's yard. I try to stick to the sidewalks where they are available also. I always run facing traffic because I want to see the vehicle coming.

I hate to say it but it really is the safest. I certainly experience the same problems. However; about 2 years ago I was hit by a full size van about a mile from my house while running with traffic. I was struck from behind, never saw it coming. It was in a curve and up hill, so I switched over to run with traffic so as not to be struck by cars coming around corner and over hill. Now I just face traffic and give myself the chance dive dive out of the way if needed. YMMV

I always go against traffic. My biggest car/running pet peeve are those vehicles that refuse to cross the double-yellow line to give us both some comfort space, even though its five-thirty in the morning and there's not one other car on the road!!!!

And of course I always encounter them at a point of little shoulder for me to flee to should the need arise.

I'm still not sure how to react to curves in the road. Right now I cross over so that the car behind me can see me instead of the car coming around the curve surprising us both.

I run against traffic, even on cruves and up hill. If I can scoot over to the side some, then I will do so. Running with traffic gives me the willies. I guess I would rather see what is out to get me. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about too much traffic where I run. Just potato trucks!

I always face traffic.

The thing I can see is much better than the thing I can't.

:1: Though Monday night I was so focused on watching the weaving moving vehicle coming towards me I failed to see the parked car in front of me until I slammed into it with both knees.