Hi, I was taking aspirin for many years to prevent circulatory disorders, and now I was prescribed with Aggrenox. Is Aggrenox better than aspirin? I had TIA about six months ago.

Many people have a new or repeat stroke, normal people from our surrounding. Every sixth person who survives a first stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) will have another one. The most effective drug for reducing risk for recurrent stroke is Aggrenox. In patients who already had a prior stroke, Aggrenox prevents twice as many strokes as aspirin. I believe that your doctor finds it’s best for you to take Aggrenox, as it is proven to be more efficient compared to Aspirin. But, don’t forget to control also your blood pressure, HDL / LDL rate, weight, diet, stress, blood sugar level and other relevant factors for keeping your body in good condition.