I was using some weight loss products and I managed to get rid of some extra pounds. My mother wanted to check out what it was, and she saw that it stood biotin on the bottle. She told me that this vitamin helped me loose weight. Is it true?

well, the only thing that biotin helped me is when I was using a biotin for hair growth. I can't say that I have noticed that I am losing my pounds. too bad, because I wanted. 

so, if you want to listen to me, keep away from biotin in order to lose weight. instead, try some diet programs, some healthy eating, and some exercises. I really do believe that some supplements can help you only if you are following certain instructions, but that is all. 

biotin is really important in maintaining your metabolism functions, but that is it. good luck! 

Yes, biotin is a B vitamin which is very important for the metabolism. Biotin acid supplements are often used in weight loss programs. This vitamin is necessary for producing energy and metabolizing proteins and fats. There is a lots of biotin in liver, salmon, carrots, bananas, cereals, and yeast. With cooking and preserving biotin content is reduced.

Please let me know where can i get biotin.

You can get it at any drug store... in the vitamin & supplement section for fairly cheap~

IT IS TRUE I DROP SOME POUNDS AND IT HELPED MY HAIR TO GROW.

so how long did it take to see the results for your hair and or weight loss? Any side effects? :-D

it is true, i must be deficient in it.

I am 29 years old and for some odd reason started to get a little bald spot. It was hidden by my long hair, but I knew it was there. I asked my hair stylist for her opinion and she strongly recommended Biotin to promote hair growth. Since, I have dropped a few pounds and the hair is getting better...They say it is rare to have a Biotin deficiency but who knows these days...

My doctor told me about Biotin when I asked about something for growing hair and nails longer. It definitely works in that respect. But, I noticed that I went down 3 sizes over the course of five months (when I started taking Biotin). One day, I noticed on the label it says "Helps metabolism" (or something like that) and I realized it must have played a major role. I am now a size 4! You have nothing to lose - except maybe unwanted weight!

I am currently taking biotin, and i wanted to know what amount and how many times a day you all took biotin? i know it comes in 5,000 mcgs and 1,000 mcgs.

How long does it take to see results as it relates to weight loss. I have been using for about a week now.

how mant times a day do you take biotin?

I take 5,000mcg in one pill once a day.

Biotin is one of the very essential and important vitamin for our body. And biotin plays a very crucial role in over all metabolism of our body and it is also believed that it helps in loosing weight due to its connection with metabolism.