Hello! I’m 32 and planning to go on a diet in about a week or so. I want to stay healthy in sense to keep nutrition elements on their normal levels. I’d like to hear of where to find vitamins and minerals and how to use them. I’d like to know of vitamins and minerals supplement also. Thanks!

Hi! It’s been more than a month now that I’ m on a diet and I feel great. Of course, I visited a nutritionist before I’ve started the diet and I can give you some general information on vitamins and minerals for I have a diet/nutrition program here with me. First thing I was advised by my nutritionist was not to use vitamins and minerals supplement, for they can be found in food. Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients and your organism needs them in order to work properly. There’re two sorts of vitamins:
fat-soluble vitamins and water-soluble vitamins. The first ones are stored in your organism and for that can be harmful in case you’ve taken them in large amount. These vitamins can be found in fatty foods: animal fats, vegetable oils, liver and oily fish. The other sort of vitamin is to be found in fruit, vegetables and grains and they’re not stored in the organism so you’ll need to use them more frequently. My advice to you is not to cook them otherwise they get lost of a boiling water so you rather steam or grill them. When it comes to minerals you need them for having string teeth and bones, for controlling body fluids and turning food in energy. You can find them in meat, cereals, fish, milk, vegetables, fruit and nuts. And just like the vitamins, also the minerals are needed in small amount in your organism.

I worked in a health food store for nearly 2 years and the general consensus there among the nutritionists was not to skimp on paying for good quality supplements. Otherwise, you're just pissing (literally) your money away. In other words, don't bother with the stuff on the shelves of CVS or Eckerd Rx. What you really want, is a whole-food based multivitamin that meets the US daily recommended dosages for vitamins and minerals. I prefer taking my vitamins ONCE a day, so I've chosen that type of vitamin. Consult your local health food store and ask them to name the top brands. The ones I remember are:

Solaray
Rainbow Light
Gaia Herbs