hi. while having sex with my boyfriend, the condom broke. i went the next day to get the morning after pill, even before i took the pill i got my period. my question is: is it okay for me to do a home pregnancy test even if im on my period?

as your periods produce many hormones which can affect the reading on your test, it is recommended to wait until your periods are over, it really is only a few days wait..no big deal.
However, if getitng a home test will make you feel better until you can get a proper test at a GP, do it, but definetely get tested after your periods.
If at all possible, wait 2-3 weeks.

Good to hear you're using condoms..keep up the intelligence!!
Best Wishes

If you got your period then there is almost no chance you are pregnant. A result won't show on a home pregnancy test until around two weeks after the incident

then you are not going to be pregnant to the best of my knowledge. That is, as log as you're sure it is your regular menses, typical duration, heaviness...

If you're bleeding like in a normal menstruation it means that the lining on your uterine wall is sloughing off. This lining is necessary for the blastocyst (that is the fertilized egg after several divisions) to implant. No lining = no where to implant = no pregnancy

While sperm can survive in the vagina for up to 6 days, an egg can only live for 24-48 hours after ovulation, so really it is near impossible that you are pregnant...