For the past two months I have had reoccuring pains in my bladder which come every couple of weeks, I recently went to the doctor to see whether it was a UTI, the test results however came back negative, with no evidence of bactierial infection, there was however a small number of white blood cells present, he said that with no presense of red blood cells, and otherwise normal levels there was no need for further investigation. Is this diagnosis satisfactory?

Hi there,

White blood cells are usually presented in your blood when you have some sort of infection in your body because white blood cells fight the infection and try to keep your healthy. Now if you do not have any urinary tract infection there has to be something else that is causing your blood cells to show in urine. Can you give the numbers from the test and in how big amount are white blood cells presented i your urine? Sometimes if the numbers are not high this condition is not caused by any disease. So there is not much to worry about in any case. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,

Danella

hi im hoping someone can help, my daughter is 10 years old , she first went to docs for urine sample 1 mth ago , white cell count was 587 , but no growth in cultures and absolutley no sign of infection , re did sample again with reading of the same ammount , her 3rd test read at 287 , and her 4th test sky high above the 600 mark , they rang and told me there is no sign on any test that she has a infection and they are refering her to peadiatric urology , can any 1 please give any insight on why this may be happening , thanks

Consider having an ANA test done, it should give an indication of possible autoimmune disorders... good luck