Hi there

Was wondering if you could help me. For a few months now I have had urine test results come back with white blood cells in it but no infection. Why would this be happening? I also have - since having my baby in October last year - an MCV reading (red blood count) of 76 - 78 (normal from 80 - 98 or something like that) and am a little iron deficient at the moment. What could be the causes??? Please help...

Since no infection has been found, I reckon that your doctor should order further testings.

These may include x-rays and scans as well as cystoscopy to check for bladder and kidney problems.

WBC are not normally found in the urine. This is because blood doesn’t have a contact with urine but if there are certain abnormalities like an immune disorder, or allergies, kidney stones or different growths within urinary tract, blood may end up in urine.

As for the low iron, you can take some iron supplements if this is only temporary. Pregnancy can make a women iron deficient if she’s not having any supplements. Also, blood loss, or low-iron foods could make you iron deficient.

It I wise to work closely with your doctor about finding out the cause of your problems.

I UNDERSTAND WHAT U R SAYING CAUSE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT DONT HAVE A BABY FACTOY ANY MORE. IM TRING TO FIND OUT WHY I HAVE IT TOO. I HAVE DONE 2 URINE TEST N BOTH CAME BACK THE SAME. NOW HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER URINE TEST . GO FIGURE. ANYTHING TO GET MORE MONEY.

Iron deficiency can cause microcytic anemia (MCV <80), other causes of microcytic anemia includes anemia of chronic disease or thalasemia. Iron Deficiency Anemia is one of most common cause of anemia, mostly due to inadequate intake of iron. Iron is mostly conserved in our body, however a small amount (about 1mg) is lost through skin, bile secretion, blood loss, etc. Pregnancy or during period of growth (like infancy, childhood, and adolescence) can increase the need for iron. Therefore, supplementing iron during pregnancy is important to prevent anemia.
About that urine test result, if the result if positive with WBC and bacteria, it is most likely an indication of urinary tract infection (UTIs), which is common during pregnancy. If only WBC is present in the urine, it can also indicate possible infection or inflammation or urinary tubular trauma. Therefore, further testing is needed to figure about this abnormal result.

have you ever used cocaine? If so, look up levamisole poisoning

Interstitial cystitis, assuming both kidney go throug the bladder and you have not been tested for it yet.

same issue with me for a few weeks now, only difference being i also have pain. The pain is what got me to the ER at 4 am
i have kidney stones because they are moving it causes blood in my urine.
In 1 week i have had many urine test, sometimes 2 aday 1 will have blood and 1 will not. my urine has been dark like cola, pink and bright red.
only difference is that im having extreme pain with mine