My daughter is 14 years old. She has had recurrent UTI's now for 4 years. Her urologist couldn’t even tell me what the name of the bacteria was and it happened several times that they were losing her culture. She has blood, protein, and puss in urine last time we checked. I took her to do ultrasound of her kidneys; she does it every year. She has cysts in both of them. So now I am just scared and worried about her.

It is hard to dill with UTI. I know that bacteria can infect any part of urinary tract, starting from kidneys. Since test result showed blood, protein, and puss in urine it is very possible that she already have kidney infection. But I guess you became very experienced for all these years with her condition. I can only advise you to change her physician since this is not very good.

I agree. If you don't heal it on time, it will always come back. And it is really stressful and painful. Different UTI infections can cause this. I think that blood in urine causes bladder or kidney stones as well. That bacteria needs to go away. Why? Because bacteria that enter in your daughter's urinary tract through the tube that carries urine from your body (urethra) can multiply. In that condition, this bacteria can travel to your kidneys, just like I told you at the beginning. This is the most common cause of kidney infections. It needs to be checked and well treated. Usually with antibiotics. 

My daughter has been going through this since age two her kidneys and bladder check out to be fine she is twenty now and still gets UTI's the closest we came to solving it was a pediatric uroligist suggested another doctor and it is actually caused by a low immune system her body does not recognize certain bacteria so it sends out just a small troop to fight off the bacteria instead like most people have a whole army sent out. It is still very frustrating and sometimes a little scarry.