i suspected i had a UTI for a while but it did not feel like the last one i had so i ignored it, but once i had been to the doctor and had given a urine sample, she said it was slightly abnormal so sent it away for tests. When it came back she told me it E.Coli in it ( so infection was there) but no white Blood cells?

Does this mean my immune systems is functioning properly?

Hallo,

The good thing is that you know what is wrong with you so you can treat it on time and accordingly. However there are several test that doctors do to test your urine for bacteria. Urinalysis is done to search for white blood cells, bacteria and red blood cells. On the other hand urine culture is done to identify the bacteria in your urine that is causing the problem. Now there is a chance that your doctor didn’t search for white blood cells, and they were just looking for the right bacteria that are causing your problem. In my opinion you should continue with the treatment that your doctor suggested and you will be fine in no time.

I have an infection and the doctor tested my urine where no white blood cells were present? What does that mean?