Sometimes I feel very depressed and alone, but this feeling can turn to anger. However, I can get really angry at things that don't mean anything. Am I suffering from depression or some other mental disorder?
There is a link between depression and anger in the psychological literature. It’s not uncommon to see people alternating between feeling angry at themselves and getting angry at other people.

People with some sort of emotional pain also may lash out verbally at others. Whether you might suffer from depression or emotional problem is a delicate question and needs to be deeply examined to establish a diagnose. I would suggest you to first meet two or three times with a therapist to discuss what's going on with you and what is his approach to treating it. Then you will know what course of action you want to take.

We actually don't have an idea how this can be connected. Yes, having anger issues can easily lead to depression, and I really don't believe that it is important to describe how this depression can be dangerous in several situations.

People who are prone to mood swings are not resistant to anger.

But it is very important to find the cause for this anger that leads to depression. It is a serious thing and you need to find a cause if you want to heal it, if you want to find a way to fight against it. True, it takes a little more time than you are expecting, but if you really want to figure out what is going on with you, find the proper doctor who is going to help you find the proper treatment.

Good luck.

Possibly mood swings. I get them.