So... I don't really know what to say about this. I know that it is wrong but I am still scared of gaining weight and I don't want to gain any weight because I think that I might be fat and that I wouldn't be pretty anymore. Everyone would notice it immediately and they'd probably call me fatty or something. I know it's crazy, I could almost say that I am being paranoid about it. I don't even know why am I writing this, perhaps somebody had the same problem, is there a way in which I can manage to stop being so crazy about this?

You should talk to a psychologist, Sleeping Beauty. I've heard about a lot of girls who are suffering from this kind of thing and I think that your biggest problem is in your self confidence. You don't think that you are good enough so that nobody wouldn't see anything good about you if you gained some weight. I don't think that you are able to fight this fear of yours on your own, that is why I told you to seek professional help, to talk to a psychologist. I can assure you that this will be the right move and that you will soon feel better about yourself.

Oh poor girl, you are not the only one struggling with something like this. My daughter is now having the same problem as you are and I simply don't know how to help her. The good thing about you is that you see your problem and that you have the will to try and overcome it but my daughter doesn't think that she is wrong, she says that she is beautiful and that she can't allow herself to gain any weight but the truth is that she is so skinny that you can see most of the bones in her body. I feel like I cannot do anything to help her.

It's not of much use to me that I am aware of my problem since I cannot do anything in order to help myself! I don't feel like talking to a psychologist, I don't know why. It would mean that someone is interfering in my private things and I don't know if I want that. One person already recommended me to talk to a psychologist actually, his dad is a psychologist and he said that he would be able to help me but I didn't want to do that. Is there maybe anything else that I could do which could help me?

You really need to talk to a psychologist, you should give this thing a chance. I would suggest that you just go there once and see how it looks like, at least you can do that, right? You should be feeling better after just a single visit. Believe me, after this single visit you will have a totally different view on psychologists and you will look forward to seeing him again. This is the best treatment for you since your problem is inside your head, your problems are your thoughts about all of this and a psychologist will be able to help you out.

Gaia is definitely right, I think that both of you need a psychologist. Guest, you should make your daughter go and talk to a psychologist. I am assuming that as being her mother you still have some authority over her and you can make her talk to a psychologist even if she doesn't want to.

On the other hand, Sleeping Beauty, you know that you have problems, that is the first step towards dealing with them, so you need to understand that talking to a psychologist is going to help you get over this so just find the courage and do it.

My friend had this issues as well. I never had problems with it but I think that this is one of the biggest fear that can lead to depression.

My friend was almost insane when this happened. Every time when she wanted to eat something, she started to panic that she is going to get fat. So she ate, but she was panicking all the time. 

She was counting her calories and again she started to be nervous about getting fat.

This can be really serious issue if you don't consult someone who can help you to get rid of this problem. 

My little girl also had problems with this when she started to attend high school. I think that generally girls in that age start to take care of their looks, their weight and they start to be a little bit paranoid about every single pound that they get. I really had very hard time with my little angel because she was eating so little food and whenever she ate it, she was in constant fear that she is going to get fat. As a single parent I was there with her all the time and she listened to me when I told her that she needs to visit the psychologist. He really helped her a lot about this issue, and that's why I think that this issue requires psychologist.

This is a classical food disorder! This food disorder can also lead to depression. We need food, she needs food, you need food! Anyway, if you are worried that you are going to get fat, than start to eat healthy! Don't eat some pizzas, burgers, pastas, etc and than cry because you are getting some pounds. Those foods, together with your constant fear can and will lead to depression if you don't do something about this. Soon! 

It is time to change your daily menu. Eat fruits, lean protein, oat meals, whole grains and drink a lot of water. 

Many of us have this silly feeling of gaining the weight. That is OK, because when we notice this, than we start to eat healthy. But what happens if you don't want to eat healthy and you are still in fear that you will gain the weight? You are one step closer to depression. You are not the only one who is struggling with this issue. A lot of young girls have problems with it. But the most important thing is to admit that you have a problem, it is very important to be aware of what you are dealing with. That means that you are one step closer to deal with it. So, next step is to talk to someone who can help you deal with it. I am sure that you will be fine. Good luck!