Hi guys, I've been having a question for a long time. When is the last time a woman can get her period when she becomes pregnant? For example, let's say i had sex yesterday and my period was supposed to come sometime this week. If I became pregnant, could I still get my period that week when it was supposed to come? Or does it just stop? How about if I was expecting my period the very next day? Could I still get that one or not? Thanks for your help.

Hi Tash,

You do not get a period if you are pregnant.  You can have some bleeding however.

Why not?  Because during your period the endometrium, lining of the uterus, is shed.  If you were pregnant, you wouldn't be any longer.

Also, you are unlikely to get pregnant having sex within about 10 days before you expect your period.  The egg is not viable.  Day 1 is when your period starts.  Normally, you will ovulate sometime between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  48 hours after ovulation, the egg dies.  Most women run a 28 day or so cycle.

Hope it helps.