I believe this happens to me every year. At least I remember it happening a little last year. I have one good, long(er) run and my groin starts bugging me. Can anyone tell me if it's just improper stretching, or is it something else? It forced me to cut my run short tonight, and may keep me sidelined a few days unless I can figure it out. :? :(

I have pulled my groin at karate. Not fun. The groin and hamstring run together. I had to strengthen both during rehab.

If you bumped up your long run it might be a shock. Some rest and stretching should be able to fix it.

Just a devil's advocate post here, but once an injury hits, doesn't matter where, stretching an injured tendon or muscle is not the answer. The yank of a stretch on that inflammed or micro-tear is a ticket to make it worse. I'll agree on the ice or even ice/heat alternating to get the blood flowing with repair crews to the injury. But leave the stretching until you're fully recovered. :twocents: