I am a 56 years old man. I am healthy, I eat properly and do an everyday run in the neighborhood. I run marathons and other races from time to time. There was a race last Saturday, and I haven’t stretched well and warmed up and I think I may have stretched my groin tendon. I have been feeling mild pain in the groin while moving, and there is also some mild swelling in the area. This has never happened to me before. Is there anything I should do? Thank you in advance!

Yes, there is something you can do. Go to a doctor. Even though this sounds like a mild strain, you need experts to help you. First you need to be diagnosed, your medical history revised, and there may be x-rays done. Because of the mild injury in your case, by listening the doctor’s orders you may heal in 5-10 days, but you will need rest, ice, compression, and elevation. You may experience complications if you return to the activity too soon.