Allright...I used to have a slight problem with shin splints in my tweens....nothing I could not handle. In my, ahem, 30's, the splints got quite unbearable. After looking over all manner of possible remedies (thats how I found this site), the only one that worked was calcium supplemants. Cured my splints almost overnight and have not had a problem with them since...no wonder I was having a craving for milk all the time. Someone on this site mentioned that calcium acrobate cures "shin splints" and he was right -at least for me. An interesting note, for some reason this info seems to be a secret as I cannot find this cure noted anywhere else.

Now I seem to have plantar fasciitis. Even worse, its at the point now where I cannot run . This is unacceptable. After reading up on all the various remedies and elaborate gadgets that people wear on their feet/ankles during the night, was hoping that someone might know what vitamin deficiency that is preventing my tendons connecting my heal/toes needs to heal/get up to par so I can run again. Thanks

PF isn't caused by vitamin deficiency. It is like most runner's injuries, it's "overuse". The repetitive motion of running will breakdown at it's weakest link when the miles get high enough. And if you're running on too hard of surfaces, the wrong kind of shoes, too much mileage too soon, or a host of other possible causes, POP, something is going to break. You're human, no vitamin pill can change that. Just my two cents, but heal up, live-n-learn what piece of your running scheme is pushing you to injury.

Ok, I stopped running for 6 weeks so these things could heal up. They healed mostly, but still hurt. It was at a point for a while that I could not even walk from my bed to the shower in the morning. :( They still hurt albeit mildly, but stretching that tendon seems to be the most effective remedy. So I guess those funky contraptions you recommend to wear during the night are probably the best thing to cure it. There are cheaper ones available btw. Why the heck do running injuris have to be so hard to cure...

Stretcing calves, hamstring and legs overall will help a lot. several times a day. I have a slant board in the bathroom I use when I'm standing at the sink. Ice you foot after runs.

My doc also recommend PowerStep inserts. They have better arch support.

I use the night splint too. It does help a lot. I usually put it on in themiddle of the night so I have it on for a few hours before I wake up.