Im 25 years old and for the last 7 years I have had small whitehead pimples on my areolas. They never seem to go away, I have used creams for acne and tryed popping them, they have been in the same place and I have been too embarassed to ask my doctor about them. Does anyone know anything about this??1

Since you tried treating them as pimple and it didn’t work, they are probably not pimples and I would suggest you stopped popping them.

They are most likely Montgomery's Tubercles. These are sebaceous cysts that produce sebum-oil that lubricates skin. They are common and normal appearance on areolas. They protect the skin by lubricating it and also have antibacterial function.
They become more evident when hormonal changes occur during puberty and pregnancy.

So, I wouldn’t worry about them. Just leave them alone and don’t squeeze them so you wouldn’t cause some kind of an infection.

I've never experienced anything of that sort but I'm glad I found this thread as I know the info here would be useful to me and to some girls I know someday. Thanks.

________________
lira07

girls
I don't thing you need worry. If it is what It sounds like they are just the nipple's moisturiser dispensers! They are normal and most people have them and could squeeze white stuff out of them if they tried. It's normal! Don't be embarrassed! But best not to squeeze at them too much or they could get infected...

Hi girls,
I am 31 and I have had these for years. I wish they would go away as well, however I have to believe they are there for a reason...perhaps to aid in the drying effect of breast feeding. I am sure there are more women that have them than we know. I am really glad I found this thread. I thought I was the only one out there with bumpy boobies.

Hi everyone. These are not pimples. They are the Glands of Montgomery. They are completely normal; they're supposed to be there.

Hey. Yeah I just noticed them on my nipple today when taking a shower as well. And I tried to get rid of them by popping them and it was just bloody.. hopefully they clear up soon!

I was just wondering if any one know if I did pop one because it was painful will it be dangerous for me to breast feed. I am 9 mon ths prego and they've come everytime I've been pregnant this waas just the first one that got painful. Will it be ok to nurse if a good bit of puss came out, or what. My doctor just kept telling me it was collustrum and it was suppose to be there, and wouldn't listen when I was telling him it wasn't on my nipple but on my areola around it. %-)

Don't worry about the bumps around your nipple. I've had them since I can remember having breasts. The look like small whiteheads and I asked a doctor a long time ago about it and she said they were normal and not to worry about them.
Many of my friends have them as well. No worries. They're normal and trust me, guys aren't paying attention to them when you have your shirt off lol

Guest wrote:

Everyone keeps saying that it is normal and to leave it there. But I really don't like them. They make me feel very self-conscious especially with my boyfriend. Can they be removed the same way a mole is removed? Maybe with laser or a wart remover.

Hi I am 27 and started to get these pimple like bumps after I had my second baby. I had maybe 1 or 2 before, but after my daughter I ended up with way to many. One nipple is almost full of them, and I feel the same( I hate them).I have popped them and I just seem to get more the more I pop, so I am hopefully stopping that now! I just had some moles laser ed off and asked the doctor if he could do the same with the bumps,he said he couldn't because it would cause hyper pigmentation that would look worse( so unfortunately no on that one). Someone on here said that the dermatologist said they could get rid of them with a steroid injection, so I will check into that. When they laser you, u need an injection anyways to freeze the area, so either way u have to get a needle there. I am all for pain for beauty so if it's a go by the dermo. I will let u know how it all goes.

I have them, all of my friends have them, my mom has them, and apparently everyone on this message board has them.. guess what..! They are glands of montgomery. They are normal!! They are sebaceous glands in the areola (nipple) which produce oily secretions (lipoid fluid) to keep the areola and the nipple lubricated and protected. I have tried popping them many times because I thought they were just pimples..but I went to a doctor to find out what was going on and she and 2 other doctors I went to told me the same thing. Just don't pop them because it makes them worse, larger, and could cause an infection. So don't worryyyyyy girls! :)

I didnt have them 'till after pregnancy. I breastfed so I believe that is why they are there now. It does not bother my husband at all. Thank god. :P

yup another dude. looking for answers. i have a ring of them around my nipples too. never tried to pop them though since i knew they were normal since they had been there forever. just wanted to know what they were called.

so definately normal. dont be self conscious about it, hundreds of millions of people world wide have them.

is there anything you can do to make them less visible ?

I get them too, don't worry. If you come up with what looks like a bug bite that is infected, have it checked. Could be IBC.. inflammatory breast cancer. But it is extremely rare and like I said it looks like a bug bite that is infected.