i have really dark fluid coming out of my left nipple.had it once before and doctor tested it and it was negative for blood.told me not to worry about it.not sure if i trust that response. does anyone now what would cause this

Hi Wondering,

If you don't trust the response then get another opinion.  

It MAY be what is called a papilloma.  They are NOT usually malignant but you should get it checked as it could lead to breast cancer.

Good luck.

do you have pain or anything around in nipples?
sometimes we can produce milk  discharge yet it can be a hormones or thyroid problems.
black really would be at hospital for anything dark always a sign something very serious.
pleas go and get 2 option on that.
o.O

I've had this same problem in both my breast for nearly 20 yrs. Ive had blood work, mamograms, ductagrams, and ultrasounds done every few yrs and its always come back good. The doctor said its not cancerous that many women face this...the problem is within the milk ducts and is hormone related and nothing to worry about Sometimes thedark blackish blood will even have a greensih or clear liquid also..I hope this is helpful.