I've been on the depo 3 years and gained over four stone. With no change in diet or activity. Well I suppose now I'm huge I find it hard to exercise without my knees hurting and my chest too. But I'm trying. I was 18 when I started taking it and 9stone 8lb and happy lol. Always been curvy but now I'm just fat and uncontrollably so. I got weighed at the hospital two weeks ago I was 13stone 7lb and I've put on 3lb since!!! How???? I'm under the hospital because they think I've got endometriosis so after the laparoscopy if I've got it and it's removed I'll need some kind of birth control but I'm scared of getting bigger and bigger. When I was on the pill at 16 to 17 I lost a bit of weight but most importantly I didn't put it on. I eat the same do the same all the same routines but my weight is affecting everything in my life I have no confidence and I'm tired all the time. And there's the endometrosissy pain thing so I need some form of contraceptives if not I'd just take my chances with condoms. So does anyone think it could help?

I would give it a tried....but im pretty sure all birth control makes the ladies gain weight because its messing around with our reproductive areas....i was on Implanon for 14 months....i didnt gain weight but i was pretty moody and had no period jux small spotting between period. But try talking to ur doctor first to see more options.